Thursday, March 22, 2012

Hagia Sophia 360 Tour

If I could pick one place to visit more than any in the world (even 2 blocks from the Eiffel Tower where I spent my high school years, it would be Istanbul (perhaps because I also spent four years in an Islamic country and love the confluence of both cultures there).  At any rate we start the Byzantine Empire tomorrow and so I have been looking for lots of new things.  Here is a 360 degree tour of the Hagia Sophia.  The money angle that everyone knows inside is here and it is stunning. Once you are on that page, you will see the link to the other four parts of it. If you want more, here is a slideshow and here are the posts I have done on the Hagia Sophia in the past.  One of the old posts gives a nice short video history of Constantinople. 

No comments: